Title: School Bell 1957
Description: This is made of metal and has the school name and motto engraved on one side. It was donated by the McIntyre family and at the back it has their coat of arms and their motto “Per agua.” The names of their daughters, Anne and Jane, who were at the school between 1950 -57, are engraved around the bottom. This is still in use today (2018) to call the students in from the field at the end of break and lunchtime.
Item number: 68
Date of creation: 1957
Type: Physical object
Dimensions: 26.8 cm
Subject: School Site
Physical condition: Good
Digital specifications: Photographed with Canon 70D 50mm f/1.8; JPEG
Record creator: Brimelow, Jonjo
Rights: The materials in the St. George’s Digital Collection are made available for noncommercial, personal, research, or educational use only. We believe this constitutes an exception to copyright restrictions as provided for in the Switzerland Federal Law on Copyright and Neighbouring Rights of October 9, 1992, Art. 19 (1a, b, c), which includes “copies of a work in enterprises…for internal information or documentation.” Collection metadata are not definitive indications of the creators, copyright status, or copyright owners of these materials. The collection owners have no information on the status of copyright ownership in the collection. The responsibility for securing any necessary copyright permissions to publish documents, texts, and images in this collection rests solely on the user.